Year 10 Overview
Students continue to study in all learning areas giving them a wide breadth of subjects which provides them at the completion of their second year of secondary study, with an ideal launching platform into senior school programmes.
The curriculum continues to encourage students to strive for excellence by aiming high and persevering in the face of difficulties.
In the wider curriculum students continue to partake fully in at least one chosen sport, cultural activity and a service event through Club Garin Inc. The Journey Programme continues to offer students an opportunity to grow spiritually in a challenging outdoor setting.
Our programme design encourages our students to be creative, energetic and enterprising. It also allows our students the opportunity to develop the values, knowledge and competencies that will enable them to live full and satisfying lives.
In Year 10, students study the following:
- Religious Studies
- Technology (Digital Technology/Food Processing/Materials Technology/Fashion & Design)
- Social Studies
- Physical Education/Health
- Arts (two courses selected from Music/Dance Drama/Art)
- Languages (Māori or Spanish)
Review list of available subjects.
- Club Garin Activities (Sport/Arts/Service)
- The Journey Programme
- House competitions
- Special Calendared events—Mahi Toi, Graduation Challenge
Students choose either Māori or Spanish for the full year.
Students select two half-year Arts courses from Music, Dance/Drama or Art.